1) Essential utility services.
2) Inherent Conflict of Interest - Enrichment from the trouble of others.
3) Students come from upper part of the college class, but are not geniuses.
4) Education. Requires 80 hours a week of study to do well. Changes the person by suffering.
6) Earn roughly four times the average wage. Feared, and respected.
7) Guilds engaging in rent seeking. Health and the law belong to the public. Their licensing is a monopoly privilege with other people's property.
8) Duties to patient or client are highly privileged, even at the expense of the interests of others, because they are essential to fundamental rights of the patient/client.
2 years ago